Electrical Installation Condition Report Services
Do you need an EICR test? Call Energize Electrical today for a pain-free Electrical Installation Condition Report service. Our trained electricians are standing by to help. We service customers in Edinburgh and throughout the Lothians.
What is an Electrical Installation Condition Report?
An Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) is a thorough inspection of your property’s electrical systems and installations. The purpose of the report is to determine the risks and safety of your home by assessing the efficiency of your electrics and sorting each into one of three distinct categories:
- C1 – this indicates the presence of dangerous electrics that need immediate attention to mitigate potential risks.
- C2 – this indicates that there is a potential danger that requires urgent attention.
- C3 – this category indicates that the electrics pose no current danger but still recommends improvements to the electrical system.
Since you can’t see electricity, and electrical units are often hidden away in cupboards and under stairs, it’s no surprise that we often forget to check the condition of our electrical installations for damages and possible risks.
But faulty and old wiring is one of the biggest contributors to fires in the home. You can reduce the risks by conducting an EICR test, which checks the condition of your cables, switches, sockets and other electrical accessories regularly.
Why Do You Need an EICR Test?
Naturally, over time, our electrical installations will deteriorate with age. Without regular checks and assessments, this can potentially become a risk to our safety. Improperly insulated wiring can cause serious electrical shorts, while faulty wiring and appliances can cause electrical fires.
In the UK, it’s recommended that EICR’s are carried out every few years for the following people:
- Business Owners — are recommended to conduct an EICR test once every five years.
- Landlords — are recommended to carry out an EICR test once every five years or at the beginning of each new tenancy.
- Private Homeowners — Those who own their homes should aim to conduct an EICR test once every ten years.
So, whether you own a business, properties for rent or your own home, it’s vital to carry out regular EICR tests to safeguard both your property and its people.
Why Choose Energize Electrical?
As approved EICR contractors, our trained domestic electricians have extensive experience carrying out Electrical Installation Condition reports. You can trust Energize Electrical to conduct your report efficiently and professionally, so you can sleep easy knowing your property adheres to the latest safety regulations.
Safeguard Your Electrics with Energize Electrical
Our team of skilled domestic electricians are ready and waiting to ensure the safety of your property and electrical appliances. Call us now for an obligation-free quote and discover why Edinburgh loves Energize Electrical.